Definition of assumed:
imitative, sham, delusive, taken, fictitious, granted, acknowledged, sour, fancied, assumptive, pretended, arrogated, counterfeit, false, true, made-up, assumptive, mistaken, suppositional, hypothetical, untrue, fabricated, given, fake, fictional, faux, pseudonymous, fictive, spurious, simulated, off-key, put on, imitation, taken for granted.
- believed (part of speech: verb)
acquired (part of speech: verb)
- expected (part of speech: verb)
- hoped (part of speech: verb)
- imitative (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Secrets of Potsdam", William Le Queux.
- "Louise de la Valliere", Alexandre Dumas, Pere.
- "The Siege of the Seven Suitors", Meredith Nicholson.