Definition of assuming:
courtesy, egotistic, fresh, boldfaced, brash, snippety, pushy, nervy, snippy, bold, wise, assumptive, bold, smart-alecky, presumptuous, uppish, attitude, impertinent, saucy, assumptive, impudent, forward, pert, brassy, uppity, contumelious, familiar, brazen, smart, cheeky, overconfident, audacious, insolent, sassy, malapert, flip.
- expecting (part of speech: verb)
- hoping (part of speech: verb)
- believing (part of speech: verb)
acquiring (part of speech: verb)
- "Plato's Republic", Plato.
- "Caribbee", Thomas Hoover.
- "Public Opinion", Walter Lippmann.