Definition of assurance:
- Any written or other legal evidence of the conveyance of property; a conveyance; a deed.
- Betrothal; affiance.
- Excess of boldness; impudence; audacity; as, his assurance is intolerable.
- Firmness of mind; undoubting, steadiness; intrepidity; courage; confidence; self- reliance.
- Insurance; a contract for the payment of a sum on occasion of a certain event, as loss or death.
- The act of assuring; a declaration tending to inspire full confidence; that which is designed to give confidence.
- The state of being assured; firm persuasion; full confidence or trust; freedom from doubt; certainty.
toast, apologia, potency, authorization, contributory, actuarial, temerity, insolence, presumption, assuredness, benefit, federal agency, study at, comprehensive, announcement, collision damage waiver, safety, government agency, guaranty, gut feeling/instinct, authorisation, self-confidence, arrogance, composure, office, safeness, self-assuredness, pledge, self-assurance, chutzpah, allegation, sureness, actuary, bureau, accusation, boldness, positiveness, firm/safe ground, say-so, adjuster, belief, self-possession, certain, carrier, audacity, hunch, self-esteem, word of honor, self-trust, satisfaction, support, doubtlessness, effrontery, beyond (any) doubt, rudeness, self-assertion, coolness, aplomb, assumption, attitude, warrant, self-reliance, apology, agency, cocksureness, authority, plight, solemn word, confidence, impudence, broker, poise, dominance, face.
- certainty (part of speech: noun)
- affirmation (part of speech: noun)
- guarantee (part of speech: noun)
- pride (part of speech: noun)
- promise (part of speech: noun)
- "The Safety Curtain, and Other Stories", Ethel M. Dell.
- "Heart Talks", Charles Wesley Naylor.
- "The Eye of Osiris", R. Austin Freeman.