Definition of astounding:
stupefying, fantastical, dumbfounding, phenomenal, prodigious, good, staggering, fantastic, wonderful, dumfounding, unbelievable, marvelous, stupendous, incredible, miraculous, wondrous, impressive, astonishing, fabulous.
- amazing (part of speech: verb)
- wondering (part of speech: verb)
- surprising (part of speech: verb)
- "The Hunters of the Ozark", Edward S. Ellis.
This process, and this only, has made the astounding wealth of South Africa, for, as I told you, the reefs there are of very low- grade ore, so low that Jim, here, would have turned up his nose at it.- "The Boy With the U.S. Miners", Francis Rolt-Wheeler.
- "Tragedy", Ashley H. Thorndike.