Definition of atheistical :
1. Disbelieving the existence of a God; impious; godless; - applied to persons; as, an atheistic writer.
2. Pertaining to, implying, or containing, atheism; - applied to things; as, atheistic doctrines, opinions, or books.
- Some shook with superstitious dread; others, driven to atheistical despair, with horrible execrations, again strove to force a passage through the doors. - "The Scottish Chiefs", Jane Porter.
- Placing all forms of error on an equality with truth, the bill represented a principle " atheistical and monstrous, destructive of all that was pure and holy in morals and religion." - "George Brown", John Lewis.
- But Cromwell, that 'least flagitious of all usurpers, ' according to even Clarendon's estimate, was no Robespierre; and were we called on to illustrate by a single instance from the history of each the very opposite characters of the Puritan Republicans of England and the Atheistical Republican of France, we would just set off against one another the fate of Malesherbes and the treatment of Sir Matthew. - "Leading Articles on Various Subjects", Hugh Miller.