Definition of atmosphere:
- A supposed medium around various bodies; as, electrical atmosphere, a medium formerly supposed to surround electrical bodies.
- Any gaseous envelope or medium.
- Any surrounding or pervading influence or condition.
- The portion of air in any locality, or affected by a special physical or sanitary condition; as, the atmosphere of the room; a moist or noxious atmosphere.
- The pressure or weight of the air at the sea level, on a unit of surface, or about 14. 7 Ibs. to the sq. inch.
- The whole mass of aeriform fluid surrounding the earth; - applied also to the gaseous envelope of any celestial orb, or other body; as, the atmosphere of Mars.
note, ambience, karma, smack, the ionosphere, automated teller, environs, aureole, aviation, feel, mood, cash dispenser, facet, dense, asynchronous transfer mode, feature, ambient, glory, joule, ozone layer, photon, clime, nimbus, line, newton, component, atmospheric, gloriole, odor, temper, airflow, character, standard pressure, smell, characteristic, the air, contexture, peculiarity, aroma, automatic teller machine, melodic line, tone, property, aerospace, surround, airy, ceiling, the biosphere, atmospheric state, surroundings, current, limited, cash machine, quantum, gentle wind, aura, airless, zephyr, be, aspect, place, therm, vibration, breathable, J., air, ambiance, airborne, terrain, tune, world, feeling, breeze, the ether, nature, flavor, melody, strain, context, blast, environment, medium, melodic phrase, standard atmosphere, setting, ATM, halo, calorie, airwave, savor, milieu, electromagnetic spectrum, automated teller machine, air travel, kilowatt-hour, patina, automatic teller, high, taste, quality, mise-en-scène, factor.
- air (part of speech: noun)
- gas (part of speech: noun)
- "The Story of the Heavens", Robert Stawell Ball.
- "The Young Man and the World", Albert J. Beveridge.
- "The Henchman", Mark Lee Luther.