Definition of atom:
- A constituent particle of matter, or a molecule supposed to be made up of subordinate particles.
- An ultimate indivisible particle of matter.
- An ultimate particle of matter not necessarily indivisible; a molecule.
- Anything extremely small; a particle; a whit.
- The smallest particle of matter that can enter into combination; one of the elementary constituents of a molecule.
- To reduce to atoms.
part, atomic weight, share, alpha particle, section, corpuscle, nubbin, portion, ingredient, a bit, antiparticle, division, fragment, hint, cation, subatomic particle, molecule, instalment, pinpoint, scruple, snip, atomic energy, fraction, tittle, mote, patch, atomic number, speck, atomic mass, member, blood cell, dribble, anion, soupcon, chain, particle, atomic, pinch, a little, jot, fleck, component, piece, segment, snippet, tinge, subdivision, taster, constituent, nugget, sample, blood corpuscle.
- particle (part of speech: noun)
- unity (part of speech: noun)
- "Antony Gray,--Gardener", Leslie Moore.
- "This Freedom", A. S. M. Hutchinson.
- "The Head Girl at the Gables", Angela Brazil.