Definition of attach:
- An attachment.
- To adhere; to be attached.
- To bind, fasten, tie, or connect; to make fast or join; as, to attach one thing to another by a string, by glue, or the like.
- To come into legal operation in connection with anything; to vest; as, dower will attach.
- To connect, in a figurative sense; to ascribe or attribute; to affix; - with to; as, to attach great importance to a particular circumstance.
- To connect; to place so as to belong; to assign by authority; to appoint; as, an officer is attached to a certain regiment, company, or ship.
- To take by legal authority: ( a) To arrest by writ, and bring before a court, as to answer for a debt, or a contempt; -- applied to a taking of the person by a civil process; being now rarely used for the arrest of a criminal. ( b) To seize or take ( goods or real estate) by virtue of a writ or precept to hold the same to satisfy a judgment which may be rendered in the suit. See Attachment, 4.
- To take, seize, or lay hold of.
- To win the heart of; to connect by ties of love or self- interest; to attract; to fasten or bind by moral influence; - with to; as, attached to a friend; attaching others to us by wealth or flattery.
capture, appropriate, sum up, tie, draw together, link up, prehend, impound, bond, hold fast, detail, clip, name, bandage, append, assume, seclude, tie down, enlarge, get hold of, usurp, constipate, hold, grab, study at, sequestrate, make up, set apart, oblige, confiscate, obligate, arrogate, moor, truss, seize, stick to, extend, subjoin, clutch, associate, conquer, bind, join on, bring together, link, pound, adjoin, take over, draw, assemble, isolate, fix, increase, augment, tie up, secure, keep apart, appoint, cast up, sequester, amplify, withdraw.
- accompany (part of speech: verb)
- attribute (part of speech: verb)
- join (part of speech: verb)
- attach (part of speech: verb)
- "The Book of Life: Vol. I Mind and Body; Vol. II Love and Society", Upton Sinclair.
- "Drawings and Pharmacy in Al-Zahrawi's 10th-Century Surgical Treatise", Sami Hamarneh.
- "Joan of Arc", Ronald Sutherland Gower.