Definition of attend:
- ( with to) To take charge of; to look after; as, to attend to a matter of business.
- To accompany or be present or near at hand, in pursuance of duty; to be ready for service; to wait or be in waiting; - often followed by on or upon.
- To apply the mind, or pay attention, with a view to perceive, understand, or comply; to pay regard; to heed; to listen; - usually followed by to.
- To be present at; as, to attend church, school, a concert, a business meeting.
- To be present with; to accompany; to be united or consequent to; as, a measure attended with ill effects.
- To care for; to look after; to take charge of; to watch over.
- To direct the attention to; to fix the mind upon; to give heed to; to regard.
- To go or stay with, as a companion, nurse, or servant; to visit professionally, as a physician; to accompany or follow in order to do service; to escort; to wait on; to serve.
- To wait for; to await; to remain, abide, or be in store for.
- To wait; to stay; to delay.
function, project, count, get word, envision, service, touch, go through, get wind, name, cite, seem, go out, serve, run across, flow, look after, suffice, experience, examine, reckon, give ear, depend, allude, dish up, enroll, succeed, understand, go after, assist, assure, revisit, visualise, face, realize, register, go to, process, appear, view, receive instruction, imitate, minister to, company, pick up, look, see to it, fancy, advert, dish out, calculate, discover, accompanied, catch, encounter, image, regard, string up, come after, ensue, hearken, go to school, chase, cling, control, see to, find out, visualize, serve well, run into, obey, determine, take to heart, precede, do, bring up, construe, swear out, result, insure, find, come across, take care, be educated, wait on, hark, pursue, date, visit, hang, attend to, interpret, check, do for, observe, refer, figure, serve up, picture, ascertain, go steady, fall, chaperon, realise, pay heed, follow, mention, leave, pay attention, frequent, consort, companion, front, wait, take courses, study ataccompany, await, cause, care for, bet, search, witness, copy, consider, take in, dish, ensure, practise, hang up, answer, get a line, learn, see, matriculate, expect.
- aid (part of speech: verb)
- accompany (part of speech: verb)
- hear (part of speech: verb)
- heed (part of speech: verb)
- socialize (part of speech: verb)
- "Oddsfish!", Robert Hugh Benson.
- "The Ship of Stars", Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch.
- "It Happened in Egypt", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.