Definition of attitude:
- Fig.: Position as indicating action, feeling, or mood; as, in times of trouble let a nation preserve a firm attitude; one's mental attitude in respect to religion.
- The posture or position of a person or an animal, or the manner in which the parts of his body are disposed; position assumed or studied to serve a purpose; as, a threatening attitude; an attitude of entreaty.
- The posture, action, or disposition of a figure or a statue.
stance, view, orientation, nature, sensibility, belief, place, study atposture, military capability, outlook, bearing, demeanor, pose, status, location, viewpoint, opinion, military posture, military position, cast, temper, temperament, character, manner, proclivity, stand, placement, mindset, frame of mind, stead, posture, feeling, sentiment, set, assume a posture or pose, notion, emotion, position, philosophy, billet, inclination, mental attitude, makeup, perspective, point of view, spatial relation, carriage, side, situation, be affected, emplacement, approach, lieu, air, berth, outlook, bent, leaning, positioning, locating, strength, spot, military strength, post, mood, bias, slant, standpoint, office, stand.
- "The Widow O'Callaghan's Boys", Gulielma Zollinger.
- "Sixty Years of California Song", Margaret Blake-Alverson.
- "The Branding Iron", Katharine Newlin Burt.