Definition of attitude :
1. Fig.: Position as indicating action, feeling, or mood; as, in times of trouble let a nation preserve a firm attitude; one's mental attitude in respect to religion.
2. The posture or position of a person or an animal, or the manner in which the parts of his body are disposed; position assumed or studied to serve a purpose; as, a threatening attitude; an attitude of entreaty.
3. The posture, action, or disposition of a figure or a statue.
stance, approach, study atposture, view, mental attitude, standpoint, mindset, stand, perspective, nature, character, be affected, assume a posture or pose, military position, side, viewpoint, emplacement, spot, lieu, strength, feeling, air, orientation, set, office, philosophy, stead, temperament, post, billet, frame of mind, leaning, inclination, bias, positioning, opinion, place, mood, emotion, manner, belief, makeup, berth, outlook, sensibility, spatial relation, sentiment, slant, status, cast, posture, location, notion, proclivity, bent, military strength, bearing, military capability, position, demeanor, locating, temper, military posture, pose, placement, carriage, point of view, situation
- The attitude of the O'Callaghan's toward him always touched him. - "The Widow O'Callaghan's Boys", Gulielma Zollinger.
- She found her in the attitude of prayer. - "Sixty Years of California Song", Margaret Blake-Alverson.
- She looked, in this attitude, rather dangerous. - "The Branding Iron", Katharine Newlin Burt.