Definition of attribute:
- A conventional symbol of office, character, or identity, added to any particular figure; as, a club is the attribute of Hercules.
- Quality, etc., denoted by an attributive; an attributive adjunct or adjective.
- That which is attributed; a quality which is considered as belonging to, or inherent in, a person or thing; an essential or necessary property or characteristic.
- To ascribe; to consider ( something) as due or appropriate ( to); to refer, as an effect to a cause; to impute; to assign; to consider as belonging ( to).
specify, repute, impute, trait, put, designate, quality, portion, holding, savor, ascribe, set apart, delegate, be, trait, emblem, assign, study atquality, arrogate, dimension, associate, characteristic, character, feature, peculiarity, property, quality, prop, symbol, substitute, depute, proportion, characteristic, lay, belongings.
- attribute (part of speech: verb)
give (part of speech: verb)
- blame (part of speech: verb)
- "The Life of Napoleon I (Volumes, 1 and 2)", John Holland Rose.
Terry noted down our ideas at their birth, lest we should forget under pressure of others to follow; and at last, after several discarded efforts, we achieved an advertisement which combined every attribute of an earthly paradise.- "The Brightener", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.
- "Project Gutenberg History of The Netherlands, 1555-1623, Complete", John Lothrop Motley.