Definition of audacious:
bodacious, dauntless, unabashed, gimcrack, assumptive, enterprising, tacky, trashy, stalwart, brassy, gay, valorous, flashy, malapert, cheap, gallant, wise, brazen-faced, bold-faced, hardy, adventurous, insolent, uppish, bold, contumelious, gutsy, nervy, tawdry, pert, bald-faced, intrepid, fortitudinous, snippety, sturdy, gutty, unfearing, stouthearted, sassy, pushy, venturous, forward, garish, undaunted, stout, unashamed, daring, brasslike, courtesy, flash, smart-alecky, mettlesome, assumptive, game, smart, snotty-nosed, impudent, loud, braw, doughty, fearless, brazen, overconfident, fear, gaudy, fresh, venturesome, boldfaced, avant-garde, snippy, attitude, uppity, bald, flip, adventuresome, meretricious, assuming, tatty, safety, familiar, presuming, study at, barefaced, brave.
- courageous (part of speech: adjective)
- insolent (part of speech: adjective)
- rash (part of speech: adjective)
- defiant (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "The Rise of the Dutch Republic, Volume II.(of III) 1566-74", John Lothrop Motley Last Updated: January 25, 2009.
She instantly awoke, and apologized to him with gentle dismay for taking so audacious a liberty with that great man, commander of the vessel; the third time she said nothing, a sure sign she was unconscious.- "Love Me Little, Love Me Long", Charles Reade Edition: 10 Language: English.