Definition of audacity:
daredeviltry, study at, chutzpah, incivility, temerity, assumption, shamelessness, venturousness, disrespect, familiarity, crust, nerviness, safety, uppishness, venturesomeness, attitude, impudence, hardihood, adventuresomeness, gall, impudency, adventurousness, face, sauce, cheek, uppityness, overconfidence, pertness, pushiness, hutzpa, cheekiness, sassiness, forwardness, courtesy, brass, audaciousness, daredevilry, assurance.
- courage (part of speech: noun)
- bravery (part of speech: noun)
- defiance (part of speech: noun)
- insolence (part of speech: noun)
- rashness (part of speech: noun)
- "Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1905 to 1906", Lucy Maud Montgomery.
But only for a moment; she had her father's reckless audacity, and bore them down with a display of such pink cheeks and flashing eyes that their laughter was checked, and they remained open- mouthed as she swept by them.- "From Sand Hill to Pine", Bret Harte.
- "The Development of the European Nations, 1870-1914 (5th ed.)", John Holland Rose.