Definition of augment:
- A vowel prefixed, or a lengthening of the initial vowel, to mark past time, as in Greek and Sanskrit verbs.
- Enlargement by addition; increase.
- To add an augment to.
- To enlarge or increase in size, amount, or degree; to swell; to make bigger; as, to augment an army by reeforcements; rain augments a stream; impatience augments an evil.
- To increase; to grow larger, stronger, or more intense; as, a stream augments by rain.
- add (part of speech: verb)
- increase (part of speech: verb)
- expand (part of speech: verb)
- "Paul and the Printing Press", Sara Ware Bassett.
- "Through Five Republics on Horseback", G. Whitfield Ray.
- "The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, Vol. 1 (of 2)", Jefferson Davis.