Definition of auspice :
1. A divining or taking of omens by observing birds; an omen as to an undertaking, drawn from birds; an augury; an omen or sign in general; an indication as to the future.
2. Protection; patronage and care; guidance.
- Auspice il Ministero della Publica Istruzione. - "Christopher Columbus, Complete", Filson Young.
- How could it- 'Johnny Dromore duce, et auspice Johnny Dromore! - "The Dark Flower", John Galsworthy.
- Paris providing them, apparently, with no entertainment, they started, after a couple of days, Aristide duce et auspice Pujol, on their railway tour through France, to Aristide a pilgrimage of unimaginable depression. - "The Joyous Adventures of Aristide Pujol", William J. Locke.