Definition of authenticate :
1. To prove authentic; to determine as real and true; as, to authenticate a portrait.
2. To render authentic; to give authority to, by the proof, attestation, or formalities required by law, or sufficient to entitle to credit.
approve (part of speech: verb)
evince (part of speech: verb)
corroborate, witness, adduce, betoken, support, establish, exhibit, demonstrate, prove, determine, state, connote, evince, declare, attest, illustrate, exemplify, manifest, observe, substantiate, indicate, depose, testify, avouch, document, vouch
substantiate (part of speech: verb)
authorize (part of speech: verb)
- Neither the author nor I can with certainty authenticate the information we communicate to the public, nor in an affair of eternal fluctuation arrive at perfect exactness. - "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. I. (of 12)", Edmund Burke.
- I wish we could authenticate that! - "Denzil Quarrier", George Gissing.
- It shall be his duty then to edit the laws, arrange them for publication, and to authenticate by his signature the volumes of the annual laws. - "Popular Law-making", Frederic Jesup Stimson.