Definition of authoritative:
unconditional, reigning, crucial, influential, standard, sovereign, haughty, classical, over, imposing, significant, imperial, overbearing, exacting, lordly, governing, reliable, convincing, dogmatic, executive, unequivocal, tyrannical, officious, decide, dependable, domineering, imperative, irresponsible, decisive, of import, determinative, definitive, determinate, coercive, valid, compulsive, arbitrary, sound, mandatory, compulsory, lawful, dominant, unauthorized, important, conclusive, authorized, authentic, classic, final, administrative, legal, illegal, approved, positive, despotic, weighty, absolute, faithful, true, orthodox, sanctioned, trustworthy, peremptory, official, credible, authorised.
- expert (part of speech: adjective)
- authoritative (part of speech: adjective)
- influential (part of speech: adjective)
- powerful (part of speech: adjective)
- sagacious (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Adventure of Living", John St. Loe Strachey.
- "The Black Bag", Louis Joseph Vance.
For what matters is not only that a peace is come to but also that the nations should afterward possess authoritative impartial opinions on the main questions of consequence connected with the origin and the conduct of the war.- "Face to Face with Kaiserism", James W. Gerard.