Definition of autocracy :
1. Independent or self- derived power; absolute or controlling authority; supremacy.
2. Political independence or absolute sovereignty ( of a state); autonomy.
3. Supreme, uncontrolled, unlimited authority, or right of governing in a single person, as of an autocrat.
4. The action of the vital principle, or of the instinctive powers, toward the preservation of the individual; also, the vital principle.
coalition, monocracy, big government, totalism, totalitarianism, autarky, czarism, federation, nation, despotism, democracy, over, government, dictatorship, tyranny, anarchy, fascism, one-man rule, authoritarianism, oligarchy, Caesarism, centralism, autarchy, totalitarian government, monarchy, protectorate, banana republic, absolutism, republic, politics, caretaker government, country, autonomy
free will (part of speech: noun)
- We talk about Germany being an autocracy it's nothing to what this country has become!
- Men were satisfied with having brought about a victory over autocracy and militarism. - "My Three Years in America", Johann Heinrich Andreas Hermann Albrecht Graf von Bernstorff.
- It was not that any established custom or right bounded the arbitrary power of domestic autocracy. - "Across the Zodiac", Percy Greg.