Definition of autocracy:
- Independent or self- derived power; absolute or controlling authority; supremacy.
- Political independence or absolute sovereignty ( of a state); autonomy.
- Supreme, uncontrolled, unlimited authority, or right of governing in a single person, as of an autocrat.
- The action of the vital principle, or of the instinctive powers, toward the preservation of the individual; also, the vital principle.
coalition, monocracy, big government, totalism, totalitarianism, autarky, czarism, federation, nation, despotism, democracy, over, government, dictatorship, tyranny, anarchy, fascism, one-man rule, authoritarianism, oligarchy, Caesarism, centralism, autarchy, totalitarian government, monarchy, protectorate, banana republic, absolutism, republic, politics, caretaker government, country, autonomy.
- "My Three Years in America", Johann Heinrich Andreas Hermann Albrecht Graf von Bernstorff.
- "Across the Zodiac", Percy Greg.