Definition of autumnal :
1. Of, belonging to, or peculiar to, autumn; as, an autumnal tint; produced or gathered in autumn; as, autumnal fruits; flowering in autumn; as, an autumnal plant.
2. Past the middle of life; in the third stage.
- For bread for 3 autumnal works, 9 quarters. - "Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed.", S. A. Reilly.
- Before sunrise on Monday morning, the rapid, alternate beats of three flails, on Gilbert's threshing- floor, made the autumnal music which the farmer loves to hear. - "The Story Of Kennett", Bayard Taylor.
- Of course, if you merely travel about from inn to inn, and neither have a moor of your own nor stay with any great friend, you don't quite enjoy the cream of it; but to go to Scotland in August and stay there, perhaps, till the end of September, is about the most certain step you can take towards autumnal fashion. - "The Eustace Diamonds", Anthony Trollope.