Definition of avenue:
- A broad street; as, the Fifth in New York.
- A way or opening for entrance into a place; a passage by which a place may by reached; a way of approach or of exit.
- The principal walk or approach to a house which is withdrawn from the road, especially, such approach bordered on each side by trees; any broad passageway thus bordered.
driveway, artery, Ave., thruway, passage, track, blacktop, move, expressway, roadway, manner, procedure, means, course, arterial, carriageway, bypass, Blvd., passageway, pathway, cul-de-sac, lane, road, pike, method, byroad, way, byway, B-road, freeway, boulevard, bridle-path, tactic, crescent, open, parkway, path, promenade, highroad, turnpike, highway, drive, street, drag, trace, beltway, alley, backstreet, pass, mode, row, system, route, channel, close, technique, thoroughfare, basis, high road, superhighway, approach, Dr..
- "Honor: A Play in Four Acts", Hermann Sudermann.
- "The Northern Iron 1907", George A. Birmingham.
- "Daisy", Elizabeth Wetherell.