Definition of awake:
- Not sleeping or lethargic; roused from sleep; in a state of vigilance or action.
- To cease to sleep; to come out of a state of natural sleep; and, figuratively, out of a state resembling sleep, as inaction or death.
- To rouse from a state resembling sleep, as from death, stupidity., or inaction; to put into action; to give new life to; to stir up; as, to awake the dead; to awake the dormant faculties.
- To rouse from sleep; to wake; to awaken.
cautious, kindle, put forward, up and about, brace, waking, enkindle, elicit, astir, call forth, alert, conjure, bring back, wide-awake, insomniac, come to, bring/call someone/something to mind, Argus-eyed, excite, wake, perk up, bad night, come alive, trigger, provoke, wary, energise, on the alert, rouse, careful, sleepless, unsleeping, raise, turn on, insomnia, wind up, wake up, arouse, waken, alive, ignite, up, open-eyed, knock up, conscious, inflame, vigilant, fire up, stir up, get up, not sleeping, recall, awakened, toss and turn, conjure up, call down, invoke, refresh someone's memory, evoke, remind, aroused, tenty, heat, attentive, watchful, sex, jog someone's memory, stimulate, observant, circumspect, on the lookout, stirring, awaken, fire, energize, awareness, bring up, flood back, stir, wakeful.
- "If Any Man Sin", H. A. Cody.
- "The Spirit of the Border A Romance of the Early Settlers in the Ohio Valley", Zane Grey.
- "Le Morte D'Arthur, Volume I (of II) King Arthur and of his Noble Knights of the Round Table", Thomas Malory.