Definition of awkward:
cumbersome, graceless, gauche, klutzy, bulky, unenviable, steamy, labored, maladroit, laboured, bungling, wooden, unhandy, difficult, gummy, self-conscious, bumbling, mucilaginous, mortifying, unmanageable, ashamed, embarrassed, unwieldy, incommodious, unhappy, inapt, uncouth, ponderous, touchy, embarrassing, ill-chosen, sticky, strained, easy, inept, lumpish, delicate, ill at ease, good, cumbrous, cramped, hard, heavy, rough, unfortunate, clumsy, feckless, viscous, bunglesome, infelicitous, fumbling, uneasy, gluey, uncomfortable, clownish, heavy-handed, ungainly, disagreeable, unskilful, glutinous, gawky, clunky, muggy, viscid, ability, ungraceful, constrained, feelings, pasty, inconvenient.
- inelegant (part of speech: adjective)
- unskillful (part of speech: adjective)
- inopportune (part of speech: adjective)
- "Country Neighbors", Alice Brown.
- "With Moore At Corunna", G. A. Henty.
- "Jack Haydon's Quest", John Finnemore.