Definition of awry :
1. Aside from the line of truth, or right reason; unreasonable or unreasonably; perverse or perversely.
2. Turned or twisted toward one side; not in a straight or true direction, or position; out of the right course; distorted; obliquely; asquint; with oblique vision; as, to glance awry.
deformed (part of speech: adjective)
wrong (part of speech: adjective)
- " If things go awry," he said, with a smile, " you will be the last to fall, Roger." - "The Great Mogul", Louis Tracy.
- Out of the shadow came a man, with hands outstretched and cap awry, running as if he were mad. - "Master Skylark", John Bennett.
- So all thy plans for her and Fairfax would have gone awry, had the poor fellow lived! - "Peggy Owen and Liberty", Lucy Foster Madison.