Definition of azure:
- A blue color, represented in engraving by horizontal parallel lines.
- Sky- blue; resembling the clear blue color of the unclouded sky; cerulean; also, cloudless.
- The blue vault above; the unclouded sky.
- The clear blue color of the sky; also, a pigment or dye of this color.
- The lapis lazuli.
- To color blue.
- blue (part of speech: adjective)
heaven (part of speech: noun)
- land o'goshen,
Jess looked out at the wealth and glory which were spread before her, and thought that it was like heaven; then, giving way to the melancholy strain in her nature, she began to wonder idly how many human beings had sat and thought the same things, and had been gathered up into the azure of the past and forgotten; and how many would sit and think there when she in her turn had been utterly swept away into that gulf whence no echo ever comes!- "Jess", H. Rider Haggard.
- "The Dop Doctor", Clotilde Inez Mary Graves.
- "Molly Bawn", Margaret Wolfe Hamilton.