Definition of babbler :
1. A hound too noisy on finding a good scent.
2. A name given to any one of family ( Timalinae) of thrushlike birds, having a chattering note.
3. An idle talker; an irrational prater; a teller of secrets.
giant helleborine, chatterbox, blowhard, magpie, jay, windbag, gasbag, conversationalist, talker, blabber, scavenger, motormouth, prattler, blabbermouth, spouter, chatterer, stream orchid, prater, pack rat, gabbler, cotinga, cackler, jabberer
- Mr. Benjamin Aitken writes:-" I never saw the Common Babbler in Poona, and it certainly does not occur in Bombay. - "The Nests and Eggs of Indian Birds, Volume 1", Allan O. Hume.
- For myself I like the open babbler the best. - "Can You Forgive Her?", Anthony Trollope.
- Thou art dead, honey babbler, and gone to the desert of forgotten desires. - "Six One-Act Plays", Margaret Scott Oliver.