Definition of bacchanal:
- A devotee of Bacchus; one who indulges in drunken revels; one who is noisy and riotous when intoxicated; a carouser.
- A song or dance in honor of Bacchus.
- Drunken revelry; an orgy.
- Engaged in drunken revels; drunken and riotous or noisy.
- Relating to Bacchus or his festival.
- The festival of Bacchus; the bacchanalia.
public violence, rioting, drunken reveler, thigh-slapper, splurge, bacchanalia, binge, bacchant, bacchic, inebriated, saturnalia, carousing, sidesplitter, drunken revelry, debauch, wow, orgy, scream, debauchery, drunken reveller, intoxicated, orgiastic, riot, drunk, belly laugh, bacchanalian, howler.
I did not dare insist on seeing the deformed workwoman this evening on the subject of the Bacchanal Queen; I intend returning to- morrow, to learn the effect of the letter she must have received this evening by the post about the young blacksmith.- "The Wandering Jew, Book II.", Eugene Sue.
- "Dreamers of the Ghetto", I. Zangwill.
- "Promenades of an Impressionist", James Huneker.