Definition of bachelor:
- A kind of bass, an edible fresh- water fish ( Pomoxys annularis) of the southern United States.
- A knight who had no standard of his own, but fought under the standard of another in the field; often, a young knight.
- A man of any age who has not been married.
- A person who has taken the first or lowest degree in the liberal arts, or in some branch of science, at a college or university; as, a bachelor of arts.
- An unmarried woman.
- In the companies of London tradesmen, one not yet admitted to wear the livery; a junior member.
Bridget Jones, knight bachelor, domestic partner, divorcee, unmarried man, bachelor-at-arms, house husband, divorce, lone wolf, misogamist, misogynist, single man, bachelorette, damsel, couple, bach, family man.
- "Put Yourself in His Place", Charles Reade.
- "Love of Brothers", Katharine Tynan.
- "Children of the Tenements", Jacob A. Riis.