Definition of bake:
- The process, or result, of baking.
- To be baked; to become dry and hard in heat; as, the bread bakes; the ground bakes in the hot sun.
- To do the work of baking something; as, she brews, washes, and bakes.
- To dry or harden ( anything) by subjecting to heat, as, to bake bricks; the sun bakes the ground.
- To harden by cold.
- To prepare, as food, by cooking in a dry heat, either in an oven or under coals, or on heated stone or metal; as, to bake bread, meat, apples.
crust, balmy, cloud, boil away, temper, oven broil, crusty, charbroil, boiling, dough, brown, mild, leaven, harden, baste, break down, knead, leavened, tropical, burning, atomize, bakery, boil over, poppyseed, hot, scalding, clear, boil up, scorching, red-hot, anneal, boil down, bubble.
- "The Myrtle Reed Cook Book", Myrtle Reed.
- "The-Suffrage-Cook-Book", Kleber, L. O., Mrs..
- "Stories from Pentamerone", Giambattista Basile.