Definition of bake :
1. The process, or result, of baking.
2. To be baked; to become dry and hard in heat; as, the bread bakes; the ground bakes in the hot sun.
3. To do the work of baking something; as, she brews, washes, and bakes.
4. To dry or harden ( anything) by subjecting to heat, as, to bake bricks; the sun bakes the ground.
5. To harden by cold.
6. To prepare, as food, by cooking in a dry heat, either in an oven or under coals, or on heated stone or metal; as, to bake bread, meat, apples.
crust, balmy, cloud, boil away, temper, oven broil, crusty, charbroil, boiling, dough, brown, mild, leaven, harden, baste, break down, knead, leavened, tropical, burning, atomize, bakery, boil over, poppyseed, hot, scalding, clear, boil up, scorching, red-hot, anneal, boil down, bubble
heat (part of speech: verb)
- Bake, very slowly, tightly covered. - "The Myrtle Reed Cook Book", Myrtle Reed.
- Bake eight minutes in a moderate oven. - "The-Suffrage-Cook-Book", Kleber, L. O., Mrs..
- Then mount upstairs and you find the ogress, with a little child in her arms, and the oven ready heated to bake you. - "Stories from Pentamerone", Giambattista Basile.