Definition of ballet:
- A bearing in coats of arms, representing one or more balls, which are denominated bezants, plates, etc., according to color.
- A light part song, or madrigal, with a fa la burden or chorus, - most common with the Elizabethan madrigal composers.
- An artistic dance performed as a theatrical entertainment, or an interlude, by a number of persons, usually women. Sometimes, a scene accompanied by pantomime and dancing.
- The company of persons who perform the ballet.
dance, concert dance, modern dance.
drama (part of speech: noun)
- improvisational drama,
- music (part of speech: noun)
- "Imaginary Interviews", W. D. Howells.
- "Records of a Girlhood", Frances Ann Kemble.
- "The Best of the World's Classics, Restricted to prose. Volume I (of X) - Greece", Various.