Definition of balloon:
- A bag made of silk or other light material, and filled with hydrogen gas or heated air, so as to rise and float in the atmosphere; especially, one with a car attached for aerial navigation.
- A ball or globe on the top of a pillar, church, etc., as at St. Paul's, in London.
- A bomb or shell.
- A game played with a large inflated ball.
- A round vessel, usually with a short neck, to hold or receive whatever is distilled; a glass vessel of a spherical form.
- The outline inclosing words represented as coming from the mouth of a pictured figure.
- To expand, or puff out, like a balloon.
- To go up or voyage in a balloon.
- To take up in, or as if in, a balloon.
captive balloon, overhang, amplify, zep, zeppelin, inflate, pouch, bag, gasbag, barrage balloon, heave, stick out, sausage, observation balloon, airship, blow up, kite balloon, free balloon, blimp, expand, weather balloon, surge, wallow, toy balloon, protrude, montgolfier, billow, beetle, aircraft, protuberate, convex, jut, stand out, belly, radar balloon, bag, lighter-than-air craft, bulge, project, nondirigible aerostat.
- "Study of Child Life", Marion Foster Washburne.
- "Patty's Social Season", Carolyn Wells.
- "Daybreak: A Romance of an Old World", James Cowan.