Definition of balm:
spice, unction, cold cream, inunction, worry beads, vexation, irritation, comfort zone, astringent, cream, antiseptic, perfume, lull, fulsomeness, antiperspirant, aroma, consolation, relief, becalm, calamine lotion, assuagement, formula, attar, smarm, poultice, alleviation, salve, still, compound, redolence, quiet, oleaginousness, comfort, unctuousness, preparation, home away from home, plaster, fragrancy, incense, oiliness, calm, application, dressing, mitigation, liniment, emollient, lubricant, security blanket, tranquilize, solace, unguent, ointment, refreshment, cleanser, settle, bouquet, icebreaker, smarminess, getaway, baby oil, aloe vera, allay, scent.
- herb (part of speech: noun)
- remedy (part of speech: noun)
- oil (part of speech: noun)
- "Her Mother's Secret", Emma D. E. N. Southworth.
- "Browning and the Dramatic Monologue", S. S. Curry.
- "The Life and Letters of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Volume I (of 2)", Florence A. Thomas Marshall.