Definition of baneful:
mortal, forbidding, ruinous, help, unwholesome, lethal, unlucky, perverting, deleterious, adverse, damaging, grave, pestiferous, harmful, noisome, minatory, pestilential, plaguey, portentous, deathly, insidious, subtle, pernicious, deadly, menacing, fire-and-brimstone, fateful, ominous, hellfire, apocalyptical, warn, mischievous, threatening, apocalyptic, minacious, baleful, luck, injurious, direful, maleficent, unhealthful, prejudicial, dangerous, noxious, dire, nocuous, apocalyptical, insalubrious, pestilent.
- bad (part of speech: adjective)
evil (part of speech: adjective)
- malevolent (part of speech: adjective)
- baneful (part of speech: adjective)
- "Impressions of South Africa", James Bryce.
- "Musicians of To-Day", Romain Rolland Commentator: Claude Landi.
- "Recollections of Old Liverpool", A Nonagenarian.