Definition of bang:
- A blow as with a club; a heavy blow.
- Alt. of Bangue
- The short, front hair combed down over the forehead, esp. when cut squarely across; a false front of hair similarly worn.
- The sound produced by a sudden concussion.
- To beat or thump, or to cause ( something) to hit or strike against another object, in such a way as to make a loud noise; as, to bang a drum or a piano; to bang a door ( against the doorpost or casing) in shutting it.
- To beat, as with a club or cudgel; to treat with violence; to handle roughly.
- To cut squarely across, as the tail of a hors, or the forelock of human beings; to cut ( the hair).
- To make a loud noise, as if with a blow or succession of blows; as, the window blind banged and waked me; he was banging on the piano.
- To strike with some implement with force; hence, to beat or cuff.
hunch forward, eruption, stiffly, rush, knocking, noise, stunner, cognize, peak, charge, dish, gush, blow, cathexis, outbreak, iron boot, spang, quiver, rigidly, rosiness, smasher, blowup, make out, squarely, smack-dab, crawl in, knock, fare, neck, outer boundary, acknowledge, volcanic eruption, bolt, prime, recognize, swat, live, whop, just, strike, clap, drive in, get along, explosive charge, irruption, attack, direct, high, make love, spate, write out, excitement, gust, gonorrhoea, pick out, work stoppage, hunch over, detonation, bed, slug, mantrap, complete, guardianship, shiver, bash, welt, kick, rat-a-tat-tat, heyday, smack, hot flash, bitch, have sex, distinguish, roar, sweetheart, direction, do, slam dance, armorial bearing, conk, explosion, bloom, chouse, lie with, mission, boot, sock, hit the hay, thunder, iron heel, bark, billing, haste, burster, surge, collision, spot, get by, precisely, dead, go to sleep, fair, belt, manage, ten-strike, fringe, sleep together, gonorrhea, lulu, lick, know, bonk, hit the sack, eff, the boot, belted ammunition, blossom, flap down, electric charge, slapdash, recognise, chicane, have a go at it, cheat, experience, issue, complaint, accusation, have it away, jockey, chill, peach, flack, bearing, tutelage, loud noise, overhead, fuck, enjoy, upsurge, outpouring, tingle, blush, extravasation, smash-up, frisson, flak, kicking, hurry, contend, roll in the hay, right, lift, shudder, flush, cope, fire, exactly, sleep with, knockout, squawk, biff, grapple, hit, get it on, periphery, hunch, kip down, eructation, enjoyment, brawl, bam, commission, love, shaft, flower, fill in, hump, outskirt, whap, thrill, straight, be intimate, roast, slam-bang, deal, clip, tell apart, swath, wallop, directly, thrash, good time, beef, cognise, paste, slam, belt ammunition, come, wham, mosh, discern, pop, go to bed, screw, turn in, heraldic bearing, square, have intercourse, bursting charge, clout, get laid, looker, do it, beauty, bop, pound, slap, make do, recoil, interference fringe, whang, excite, cut, rushing, care, blast, gripe, striking, hitting, fill out, retire, sack out, smash, ravisher, efflorescence, jazz, precise, have it off.
- "King Spruce, A Novel", Holman Day.
- "Our Pilots in the Air", Captain William B. Perry.
- "The Black Bar", George Manville Fenn.