Definition of barbarian :
1. A cruel, savage, brutal man; one destitute of pity or humanity.
2. A foreigner.
3. A man in a rule, savage, or uncivilized state.
4. A person destitute of culture.
5. Of, or pertaining to, or resembling, barbarians; rude; uncivilized; barbarous; as, barbarian governments or nations.
small fry, violent, noncivilised, youngster, hazardous, uncivil, savage, roughshod, shaver, crosspatch, provincial, tempestuous, churl, unrefined, uncivilized, dotty, Goth, idle, brutal, crass, merciless, fierce, peasant, gaga, grouch, boorish, vulgar, boor, unfounded, wolf, tasteless, crude, untamed, risky, culture, scrooge, churlish, groundless, noncivilized, tiddler, wildcat, tike, godforsaken, fantastic, uncouth, crank, ferine, uncivilised, Yahoo, baseless, uncultivated, angry, unwarranted, fry, crazy, indelicate, gross, feral, uncultured, ferocious, rude, chuff, fell, wild, bucolic, smooth, primitive, minor, nipper, niggard, raging, child, atrocious, vulgarian, barbaric, good, beast, tyke, nestling, waste, skinflint, inhuman, brute, courtesy, unpolished, Philistine, rough, ill-bred, barbarous, vicious, raving mad, furious, kid, grump, coarse, cruel
- The Barbarian surely ran against you, not you against him? - "The Scarlet Banner", Felix Dahn.
- They have got a set of barbarian fellows, whom they purchase and keep, to manufacture by forced labour whatever takes their fancy. - "The Memorabilia Recollections of Socrates", Xenophon.
- Somewhat exaggerated reports of Vane's prosperity had reached them; but while they coveted the advantages his wealth might offer their daughter, in their secret hearts they looked upon him as a raw Colonial and something of a barbarian, and the opinions he occasionally expressed in their hearing did not dispel this idea. - "Vane of the Timberlands", Harold Bindloss.