Definition of barbarism:
idiom, barbarity, tongue, mother tongue, atrociousness, viciousness, savageness, language, expression, diction, solecism, savagery, vocabulary, vulgarism, barbarousness, ferociousness, patois, heinousness, brutality, style, corruption, dialect, atrocity, speech.
- inelegance (part of speech: noun)
- sectarianism (part of speech: noun)
vulgarity (part of speech: noun)
- pitilessness (part of speech: noun)
- "A Philosophical Dictionary, Volume 7 (of 10) From "The Works of Voltaire - A Contemporary Version"", François-Marie Arouet (AKA Voltaire) Commentator: John Morley Tobias Smollett H.G. Leigh.
- "The Brother of Daphne", Dornford Yates.
Again I say that all we deem sublime in the world's history are acts of injustice; and it is certain that if mankind does not relinquish at once, and for ever, its vain, mad, and fatal dream of justice, the world will lapse into barbarism.- "Confessions of a Young Man", George Moore.