Definition of barbecue:
- A floor, on which coffee beans are sun- dried.
- A hog, ox, or other large animal roasted or broiled whole for a feast.
- A social entertainment, where many people assemble, usually in the open air, at which one or more large animals are roasted or broiled whole.
- To dry or cure by exposure on a frame or gridiron.
- To roast or broil whole, as an ox or hog.
- heat (part of speech: verb)
- oven (part of speech: noun)
- meal (part of speech: noun)
- "The Boy Hunters", Captain Mayne Reid.
- "The Souls of Black Folk", W. E. B. Du Bois.
- "The War Chief of the Ottawas A Chronicle of the Pontiac War: Volume 15 (of 32) in the series Chronicles of Canada", Thomas Guthrie Marquis.