Definition of barnacle:
- A bernicle goose.
- An instrument for pinching a horse's nose, and thus restraining him.
- Any cirriped crustacean adhering to rocks, floating timber, ships, etc., esp. ( a) the sessile species ( genus Balanus and allies), and ( b) the stalked or goose barnacles ( genus Lepas and allies). See Cirripedia, and Goose barnacle.
- Spectacles; - so called from their resemblance to the barnacles used by farriers.
- "The Perfect Gentleman", Ralph Bergengren.
- "The Old English Herbals", Eleanour Sinclair Rohde.
- "The Voyage of the Vega round Asia and Europe, Volume I and Volume II", A.E. Nordenskieold.