Definition of barony:
- In Ireland, a territorial division, corresponding nearly to the English hundred, and supposed to have been originally the district of a native chief. There are 252 of these baronies. In Scotland, an extensive freehold. It may be held by a commoner.
- The fee or domain of a baron; the lordship, dignity, or rank of a baron.
- "Ernest Maltravers, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "England of My Heart--Spring", Edward Hutton.
- "The Fortunes Of Glencore", Charles James Lever.