Definition of barren:
- A tract of barren land.
- Elevated lands or plains on which grow small trees, but not timber; as, pine barrens; oak barrens. They are not necessarily sterile, and are often fertile.
- Incapable of producing offspring; producing no young; sterile; - said of women and female animals.
- Mentally dull; stupid.
- Not producing vegetation, or useful vegetation; rile.
- Unproductive; fruitless; unprofitable; empty.
needy, bare, everlasting, gratis, scanty, sinless, thoroughgoing, cutting, sterile, waste product, raw, impeccant, dissipation, worthless, boring, clean-handed, naked, unfinished, profitless, crude, double-dyed, blunt, unadulterated, inhospitable, ingenuous, permissive waste, childless, unsheathed, marginal, plain, costless, wastefulness, guiltless, mere, infertile, gross, poverty-stricken, austere, stark, utter, complimentary, liberal, arid, stern, waste, waste matter, detached, full, dead, wilderness, arrant, unornamented, fruitless, unfertile, bootless, unprofitable, wanting, badlands, bleak, indigent, used, sodding, innocuous, impoverished, unfruitful, stripped, simple, dry, consummate, insipid, innocent, destitute, stupid, nude, vain, impotent, dim, spare, unsuccessful, waste material, necessitous, futile, loose, thrive, wasteland, rich, unavailing, desolate, au naturel, gratuitous, perfect, dull, free, thriftlessness, complete, unacquainted, unembellished, staring, black, lacking, pure, fruitless, useless, severe.
- desolate (part of speech: adjective)
- unproductive (part of speech: adjective)
- nonexistent (part of speech: adjective)
- "Australia Twice Traversed, The Romance of Exploration Australia Twice Traversed. The Romance Of Exploration, Being A Narrative Compiled From The Journals Of Five Exploring Expeditions Into And Through Central South Australia, And Western Australia, From 1", Ernest Giles.
- "The Works of John Bunyan Volume 3", John Bunyan.
- "A Letter of Credit", Susan Warner.