Definition of basic :
1. Apparently alkaline, as certain normal salts which exhibit alkaline reactions with test paper.
2. Having the base in excess, or the amount of the base atomically greater than that of the acid, or exceeding in proportion that of the related neutral salt.
3. Relating to a base; performing the office of a base in a salt.
4. Said of crystalline rocks which contain a relatively low percentage of silica, as basalt.
rudimentary, prefatory, central, canonical, first, original, integral, be, element, prefatorial, rudiment, sanctioned, canonic, start, staple fibre, part, alkalic, necessary, beginning, raw material, primitive, staple fiber, constitutive, grassroots, part and parcel, root, standard, introductory, rudimental, radical, constitutional, alkaline, surface, vital, ultimate, staple
bottom (part of speech: adjective)
severe (part of speech: adjective)
crisp, demanding, icy, blunt, Spartan, obdurate, intense, oppressive, grim, acute, exacting, caustic, strict, authoritarian, dry, abrupt, inflexible, lean, stiff-necked, harsh, frosty, prudish, acerbic, cool, sharp, dour, cutting, unbending, piquant, censorious, stringent, brusque, imperial, critical, short, raw, severe, astringent, bleak, brisk, strait-laced, obstinate, precise, intolerant, rigid, ascetic, rigorous, spare, uncompromising, meticulous, disciplined, curt, keen, hidebound, tart, acrimonious, relentless, correct, puritanical, gruff, Draconian, stern, chilly
topical (part of speech: adjective)
pure (part of speech: adjective)
blameless, irreducible, chaste, angelic, primal, pure, aboriginal, immaculate, formative, primary, undiluted, purebred, basal, honorable, elementary, unadulterated, spotless, uncluttered, innocent, unsullied, undefiled, unblemished, essential, sinless, guiltless, simon-pure, stainless, monolithic, prime, nascent, faultless, austere, decent, stark, unadorned, white, unalloyed, virtuous, clean, bare, elemental, clear, atomic, untarnished, untainted, plain, indivisible, foundational, fundamental, simple
- This section describes some of the basic operations that you may find useful. - "Debian GNU/Linux: Guide to Installation and Usage", John Goerzen and Ossama Othman.
- The design was worked into the die- the art generally termed " die- sinking"- in the same basic manner as in coin dies. - "American Military Insignia 1800-1851", J. Duncan Campbell.
- The reason for his failure was that he was unaware of a very basic fact. - "The Dawn of Amateur Radio in the U.K. and Greece A Personal View", Norman F. Joly.