Definition of basket :
1. A vessel made of osiers or other twigs, cane, rushes, splints, or other flexible material, interwoven.
2. The bell or vase of the Corinthian capital.
3. The contents of a basket; as much as a basket contains; as, a basket of peaches.
4. The two back seats facing one another on the outside of a stagecoach.
5. To put into a basket.
basket (part of speech: noun)
container (part of speech: noun)
suitcase, crate, bottle, purse, locker, pocket, flask, bowl, cabinet, tray, jar, shelf, cup, box, stomach, vault, bucket, trunk, wallet, repository, cupboard, receptacle, bladder, tank, case, can, closet, storage, holder, bin, jug, reservoir, sack, pouch, pot, decanter, drum, drawer, bag, container, barrel, cask, ladle, vat, belly, chest
- What harm does the basket do you?" - "Monsieur Cherami", Charles Paul de Kock.
- I've written them down on a paper so you'll not forget, and as there are a number of them you had better take a basket, Bunny. - "Bunny Brown and His Sister Sue Keeping Store", Laura Lee Hope.
- But he had never touched anything that he carried in his basket and he did not do it now. - "Bobby of Cloverfield Farm", Helen Fuller Orton.