Definition of bath:
- A building containing an apartment or a series of apartments arranged for bathing.
- A city in the west of England, resorted to for its hot springs, which has given its name to various objects.
- A Hebrew measure containing the tenth of a homer, or five gallons and three pints, as a measure for liquids; and two pecks and five quarts, as a dry measure.
- A medium, as heated sand, ashes, steam, hot air, through which heat is applied to a body.
- A receptacle or place where persons may immerse or wash their bodies in water.
- A solution in which plates or prints are immersed; also, the receptacle holding the solution.
- The act of exposing the body, or part of the body, for purposes of cleanliness, comfort, health, etc., to water, vapor, hot air, or the like; as, a cold or a hot bath; a medicated bath; a steam bath; a hip bath.
- Water or other liquid for bathing.