Definition of bearer:
- A palanquin carrier; also, a house servant.
- A strip of reglet or other furniture to bear off the impression from a blank page; also, a type or type- high piece of metal interspersed in blank parts to support the plate when it is shaved.
- A tree or plant yielding fruit; as, a good bearer.
- One who holds a check, note, draft, or other order for the payment of money; as, pay to bearer.
- One who, or that which, bears, sustains, or carries.
- Specifically: One who assists in carrying a body to the grave; a pallbearer.
mail carrier, transporter, carrier wave, postman, newsboy, consignee, letter carrier, common carrier, collector, aircraft carrier, toter, carrier, pallbearer, attack aircraft carrier, runner, envoy, beneficiary, over, holder, immune carrier, flattop, payee, mailman.
- "Dutch Fairy Tales for Young Folks", William Elliot Griffis.
- "The Grell Mystery", Frank Froest.
- "Love's Final Victory", Horatio.