Definition of bed :
1. ( Used as the symbol of matrimony) Marriage.
2. A course of stone or brick in a wall.
3. A layer or seam, or a horizontal stratum between layers; as, a bed of coal, iron, etc.
4. A mass or heap of anything arranged like a bed; as, a bed of ashes or coals.
5. A plat or level piece of ground in a garden, usually a little raised above the adjoining ground.
6. An article of furniture to sleep or take rest in or on; a couch. Specifically: A sack or mattress, filled with some soft material, in distinction from the bedstead on which it is placed ( as, a feather bed), or this with the bedclothes added. In a general sense, any thing or place used for sleeping or reclining on or in, as a quantity of hay, straw, leaves, or twigs.
7. See Gun carriage, and Mortar bed.
8. The bottom of a watercourse, or of any body of water; as, the bed of a river.
9. The flat part of the press, on which the form is laid.
10. The foundation or the more solid and fixed part or framing of a machine; or a part on which something is laid or supported; as, the bed of an engine.
11. The horizontal surface of a building stone; as, the upper and lower beds.
12. The lower surface of a brick, slate, or tile.
13. The place or material in which a block or brick is laid.
14. The superficial earthwork, or ballast, of a railroad.
15. To dress or prepare the surface of stone) so as to serve as a bed.
16. To furnish with a bed or bedding.
17. To go to bed; to cohabit.
18. To lay flat; to lay in order; to place in a horizontal or recumbent position.
19. To lay or put in any hollow place, or place of rest and security, surrounded or inclosed; to embed; to furnish with or place upon a bed or foundation; as, to bed a stone; it was bedded on a rock.
20. To make partaker of one's bed; to cohabit with.
21. To place in a bed.
22. To plant or arrange in beds; to set, or cover, as in a bed of soft earth; as, to bed the roots of a plant in mold.
put out, get laid, doss, strike out, crinkle, discern, billet, base, bedpost, bedroll, crate, merchant ship, herbaceous border, room, write out, know, mattress, protection, embed, botanical garden, strip, stratum, basis, accommodations, go to bed, outcrop, buns, turn in, lodge, have it away, retire, fork up, backwater, adjourn, rest, Associate of Arts, crumb, screw, render, tush, chicane, drive in, have a go at it, B.A., sex, derriere, row, hunch forward, prat, pull away, bang, bonk, hunch, planting, shut-eye, whop, cataract, undersurface, seam, keister, underside, bedhead, bash, merchantman, bowl, rear end, sack out, quarter, hump, consumption, deposit, foot, backside, lodging, bottom, sack, posterior, rear, aquifer, slam, harbor, line, over, catnapping, stone, resting, layer, tooshie, associate, seat, crawl in, bottom of the inning, spot, A.A., sleep with, z's, freighter, grapple, bottle, acknowledge, allotment, fundament, hind end, issue, enjoy, napping, jazz, 2.1, advanced degree, cut, fork over, tell apart, manage, snoozing, bachelor's degree, hand over, flop, fill out, go to sleep, 2.2, whap, bedrock, plot, get it on, do, make love, mate, roost, ground, kip, steppingstone, pick out, baccalaureate, retreat, bury, hunch over, bowlful, bop, crash, butt, have intercourse, board, cram, get along, hit the sack, substratum, copulate, bedside, groundwork, spang, entomb, sleep together, contend, cope, have, recede, bayou, accommodate, border, draw back, deliver, slumbering, grounds, fuck, tail, roll in the hay, confluence, bestow, put on, recognize, bum, recognise, put up, footing, complete, take, tail end, cognise, hay, come, love, make out, center, buttocks, fanny, channel, patch, jockey, dozing, flowerbed, bower, have sex, c., distinguish, shaft, cognize, fork out, repose, cheat, chouse, move back, lie with, pull back, bag, backyard, spend the night with someone, pallet, garden, foundation, be intimate, floor, can, slumber, couch, bite, house, bottomland, eff, hindquarters, domicile, neck, do it, bedstead, couple, lair, rock, deal, consummate, pad, stern, associate degree, bight, be intimate with someone, batch, jump into bed with someone, fare, behind, arse, sock, air bed, get by, crease, experience, box, ass, awareness, nates, rump, withdraw, level, rack, area, kip down, have it off, furrow, make do, hit the hay, underpinning, cascade, wrinkle, sediment, fill in, live, branch, cake
bed (part of speech: noun)