Definition of beefeater :
1. An African bird of the genus Buphaga, which feeds on the larvae of botflies hatched under the skin of oxen, antelopes, etc. Two species are known.
2. One of the yeomen of the guard, in England.
3. One who eats beef; hence, a large, fleshy person.
- " This way to the Maze; this way to the Maze," a man dressed like a Beefeater was continually saying. - "Lady-Betty-Across-the-Water", Lowell, Orson.
- This she presented to the " beefeater" who stood by the first gateway, after they had crossed the great empty moat. - "John and Betty's History Visit", Margaret Williamson.
- The " beefeater" remained below, but Mrs. Pitt took the young people up into the little round room where the splendid crowns and other jewels are seen, behind iron bars. - "John and Betty's History Visit", Margaret Williamson.