Definition of before:
- An advance of; farther onward, in place or time.
- Earlier; sooner than; until then.
- In advance.
- In front of; preceding in space; ahead of; as, to stand before the fire; before the house.
- In presence or sight of; face to face with; facing.
- In time past; previously; already.
- On the fore part; in front, or in the direction of the front; - opposed to in the rear.
- Open for; free of access to; in the power of.
- Prior or preceding in dignity, order, rank, right, or worth; rather than.
- Under the cognizance or jurisdiction of.
earlier, forrader, already, onwards, originally, once, aforetime, previously, precede, beforehand, yet, forwards, onward, formerly, in the beginning, previously, in the first place, back, beforetime, forward, facing, in advance, advanced, out front, heretofore, ahead, in front, sooner, erstwhile, to begin with, since, in the lead, formerly, already, heretofore, ago.