Definition of being:
- An abode; a cottage.
- Existence, as opposed to nonexistence; state or sphere of existence.
- Lifetime; mortal existence.
- of Be
- Since; inasmuch as.
- That which exists in any form, whether it be material or spiritual, actual or ideal; living existence, as distinguished from a thing without life; as, a human being; spiritual beings.
person, human being, organism, for now, soul, world, texture, nature, temporarily, tentatively, personage, briefly, cosmos, mortal, effect, quintessence, existent, existence, beingness, be, marrow, something, universe, materialization, life, actualization, individual, party, essence, realization, homo, now, macrocosm, for the present, entity, man, animal, real, object, surface, creature, substance, human, creation, body, actuality, essentiality.
- existence (part of speech: noun)
- presence (part of speech: noun)
- existing (part of speech: verb)