Definition of belong:
- To be a part of, or connected with; to be appendant or related; to owe allegiance or service.
- To be deserved by.
- To be native to, or an inhabitant of; esp. to have a legal residence, settlement, or inhabitancy, whether by birth or operation of law, so as to be entitled to maintenance by the parish or town.
- To be suitable for; to be due to.
- To be the concern or proper business or function of; to appertain to.
- To be the property of; as, Jamaica belongs to Great Britain.
give way, sound, buy the farm, apply, perish, hold up, get, move, lie, inhere, hold out, croak, exit, drop dead, go with, run short, regard, operate, give-up the ghost, concern, touch, intrude, conk out, live, belong to, choke, appertain, rebel, associate, die, function, consist, decease, relate, plump, differ, go bad, expire, break down, bear, break, go, travel, disturb, work, pass, run low, endure, refer, reside, give out, start, last, dwell, go away, depart, fit, order, blend in, rifle, extend, pass away, blend, proceed, cash in one's chips, conk, become, lead, permeate, fail, pertain, kick the bucket, live on, snuff it, run, locomote, pop off, survive, get going.
- "Home Again", George MacDonald.
- "Carnival", Compton Mackenzie.
- "Saturday's Child", Kathleen Norris.