Definition of belonging :
1. Family; relations; household.
2. of Belong
3. That which belongs to one; that which pertains to one; hence, goods or effects.
4. That which is connected with a principal or greater thing; an appendage; an appurtenance.
holdings, plunder, duds, possession, gear, nearness, belongings, chattel, closeness, thing, be, movables, chattels, chumminess, property, movable, inseparability, stuff, personalty, good, intimacy, lares and penates, paraphernalia, belong, goods, effects, owned, personal effects, effect, things, personal property
- I don't know what evil spirit possesses people belonging to the church, but once they throw themselves into life, they don't know where to stop, and they burn the candle at both ends till there is next to nothing left; many of them, like you, have passed through the seminary." - "The Shadow of the Cathedral", Vicente Blasco Ibañez.
- The other one would have to supply what he needed- the one belonging to the tall Ingles branco with the mark on his cheek. - "Caribbee", Thomas Hoover.
- Each of the five men had a revolver, and there was another in the bordj, belonging to the absent brother. - "The Golden Silence", C. N. Williamson and A. M. Williamson.