Definition of below :
1. In a lower place, with respect to any object; in a lower room; beneath.
2. In court or tribunal of inferior jurisdiction; as, at the trial below.
3. In hell, or the regions of the dead.
4. In some part or page following.
5. Inferior to in rank, excellence, dignity, value, amount, price, etc.; lower in quality.
6. On the earth, as opposed to the heavens.
7. Under, or lower in place; beneath not so high; as, below the moon; below the knee.
8. Unworthy of; unbefitting; beneath.
inferior (part of speech: adjective)
under (part of speech: adverb)
less (part of speech: adjective)
- She could not see the path below her at all, and only some twenty yards of its course above her. - "The Case of Richard Meynell", Mrs. Humphrey Ward.
- However, he did not stop to question, but slipped into his clothes as fast as he could, and went below to join Gustus. - "A Little Florida Lady", Dorothy C. Paine.
- Now send me below. - "Viking Boys", Jessie Margaret Edmondston Saxby.